What Cookies Are
Cookies are small text files that are sent to your computer while you are on a website. They help us find out which website pages are effective and which of them need improvement.
- to ensure that the website functions properly
- to improve the website based on how you got to the website and what devices you use
What Types of Cookies We Use
Based on the managing entity:
- First party-cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain managed by the editor, which provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor, but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Based on the amount of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: a type of cookie designed to get and store data while the user is using a webpage.
- Persistent cookies: a type of cookie that stores data in the device and can be accessed and used for a period defined by the responsible for the cookie, which can vary from a minute to several years.
Based on the purpose that the data obtained through the cookies is used for:
- Technical cookies: cookies that enable the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the various options or services thereon, including controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering items in an order, making purchases of an order, filling out a registration application or request to participate in an event, using security items while browsing, storing content to disseminate video or sound files and sharing content over social networks.
- Functionality cookies: Cookies that enable the user to access the service with certain general features predefined on the user’s device based on a series of criteria, such as language, browser used to access the service, regional configuration for where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: Cookies that enable those responsible for them to track and analyze the behaviour of websites to which they are related. The data gathered through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create a browsing profile for the website, application or platform users in order to analyze the data regarding the use the user makes of the service.
- Advertising cookies: Cookies that allow for the most effective possible management of the advertising space, if any, that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria msuch as the content published or frequency with which ads are shown.
- Behaviourally targeted advertising cookies: Cookies that allow for the most effective possible management of the advertising space, if any, that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store user’s behavioural information obtained through on-going observation of their browsing habits, which enables the development of a specific profile to show tailored advertising.